IT Support Engineer for vessel systems support is sought to deliver 1st class network and software support services via remote link and on-board maintenance. This role will require travel across APAC to sometimes remote destinations including; Philippines, Japan, Indonesia and China.
- Providing IT network and software application support for LAN, VSAT and sometimes bespoke applications.
- Professional tracking of tickets from acceptance, action, escalation through to closure and report.
- Assist marine related projects when needed and provide advice, assistance and execution of deliverables.
- Pobe and root cause investigation on-board vessels by liaising with Captains and users.
- Read and understand the network layout of specific vessels to accurate pinpoint problems
Qualifications and Experience
- a Degree in an I.T with distinguishable grades
- experience of network and software/application troubleshooting in stressful environments
- familiar with networking concepts from design to install including cable runs, boxes and ladders.
- knowledge and experience of troubleshooting firewalls, back-up solutions and anti virus applications.
- knowledge of SATCOMs and maritime communication software - not mandatory but advantageous.
- previous experience of supporting vessels in a similar capacity - not mandatory but extremely advantageous
- excellent communication skills in English and ideally one other Asian language to assist conversations with diverse crews from UK, SG, CH, IN, JP, KO
Interested candidates please send our updated CV to Joel Dopson at email@example.com