Provide Health & Safety guidance, advice and assurance to ensure statutory compliance and the meeting of the client's expectations in matters of health & safety. In particular, support the Clients HSSE goals of:
* No Accidents
* No Harm to People
* No Damage to the Environment
Knowledge and understanding of the following :
* The impact and challenges that come from delivering within a short/tight time frame and within a budget.
* The requirement for temporary installations to be safe and compliant to appropriate legislation.
* The phasing, scheduling and programming of activities.
Venue - inspection, assessment and review of documentation
* Knowledge of design and construction of buildings to enable a good understanding of how the building is expected to perform in various emergency scenarios e.g. fire, suspect package.
* Knowledge and understanding of the following:
- Fire Risk Assessments, as required by Regulatory Reform (Fire Safety) Order 2005.
- Building regulations in particular Part 'B' - Fire safety & Part 'M' - Access to and use of buildings.
- active and passive fire protection systems
- statutory testing & inspections e.g. life safety systems, electrical & mechanical installations, lifts etc.
Construction - assessment and review of documentation, monitoring and inspection of the build/de-rig (with particular emphasis on event type construction i.e. temporary rather than permanent).
- Risk Assessments, Method Statements and Safe Systems of Work.
- Health & Safety legislation including Health & Safety at Work Act 1974 and other regulations specific to tasks e.g. Working at Height 2006, Lifting Operations and Lifting Equipment Regulations 1998, The Workplace Regulations 1999, HSE guidance - Event Safety (HSG195) & Managing Crowds (I-ISGI)
* Understanding client's expectations and values with respect to HSSE.
* Understanding client's Health & Safety responsibilities as employer and hirer.
* Ability to communicate at all levels e.g. contractors, suppliers, management and to provide H&S briefings.
* Competency in monitoring of construction activities.
* Attention to detail in preparation of specific documentation e.g. emergency evacuation plans.
* Coordination between venue, suppliers and client.
* Ability to resolve problems and find solutions.
Other Essential Skills and Knowledge
* Strong communication skills are vital, as is a strong 'customer/client-focus.'
* Experience of operating with and influencing senior individuals, an eye for detail and a focus on service, delivery and project planning.
* Responding to challenges in a professional manner.
Company Description: At the Orion Group and to our clients around the world, corporate social responsibility plays an important role. This is the way in which we operate our main business of 'work' - managing the employment needs of individuals and business - this provides us with the goals and opportunities to make a real difference in the development and achievement of individuals and families.