1.0 Overall Scale: Chassis and Operations Enclosure
1.1 Vehicle Dimensions
- 13'6” High x 53' Length
- Total length including rear bumper and air-conditioning units not to exceed 55’.
- Spread tandem axles 40’ (approximately) from Kingpin.
- Clearance 12” kingpin to tandem axles; 18” to rear bumper
- Empty Shell Interior Dimensions: 100" Wide x 110" High.
- Sure Glide EXP section dimensions, to be determined- up to 46.5’ x 60”
curbside, 42’ x 52” streetside
These dimensions do not exceed the legal limitations of any jurisdiction in
1.2 Trailer Chassis Specifications
- Model #UC 53/102
- Sure Glide Side Expanding System
- L-Stanchion support system
2.0 Chassis Weight and Axle Loading
Body and chassis shall be in compliance with legal weight limits and
transportation regulations on all public highways in North America. Commercial
Driver’s License shall be required. No special permits shall be required for travel
on any public highway in North America.
3.0 Body Construction: Methods and Materials
General Statements and Descriptions
The mechanical design and construction of the unit shall be such that the
Client, with proper maintenance, can expect at least 15 years of use.
All aluminum-to-steel joints are insulated with High Molecular Density
Polymer to prevent corrosion due to galvanic electrolysis.
Aluminum skin shall be .090 at bulkheads and sides.
Fabrication and Construction practices shall utilize proprietary methods of
MIG Welding and chemical bonding. Lord 500 Series Acrylic Adhesive
shall provide extremely high impact rating and extreme resistance to
thermal and chemical stress.
This is a proven design that allows for stress to be distributed evenly throughout
the entire structure; Neither extreme conditions during travel nor lever-action
physics due to the Sure Glide side shall compromise the structural integrity.
- Framed structures will not concentrate the stress at one singular point
- No distortion or twisting will take place; especially regarding the Upper
Coupler Plate where the kingpin is located
This structure was developed for the US Military through computer stress analysis
model design by SDRC, San Diego, CA.
The Universal Composite Trailer Chassis meets the following Industrial, US
Government, and US Military standards:
ASTM B209 - Industry Standard specification for aluminum and aluminum-
alloy sheet plate.
AWS D1.1 - Structural Welding Code for Steel.
AWS D1.2 - Structural Welding Code for Aluminum
CF Title 49 - Transportation, US Federal Highways
FED-STD-595 - Federal Standards for Paint
MIL-STD-810E - US Military Standards Environmental & Engineering Guidelines
MIL-STD-454 - US Military Standards Workmanship
MIL-STD-1472 - US Military Standards Human Factor Engineering
Body Filler products shall not be utilized in any weight or stress-bearing
component of the aluminum body.
Proprietary Methods and Materials
3.1 Floor Frame shall incorporate:
- Formed and steel hat sections into Monocoque design.
- 90ksi min. high tensile steel 4” I-Beams
- 90ksi min. high tensile steel 5” I-Beams at leveling legs & bogie frame
- .032” 3003 aluminum sheeting
- additional proprietary methods and materials
3.2 Wall and Bulkhead Construction shall incorporate:
- 12 ga. Galvanneal seal around door jamb and openings
- 1 ½” extruded aluminum hat channel extruded wall studs
- Sections on 16” centers, 1 ½ hat sections as required
- .063 ” T-5454 Aluminum Sheeting for exterior surface
Aluminum skins shall be .090 on expanding side end walls & .090
- To be seamless and rivetless, smooth auto type look
- Extruded aluminum top rail sections
- Extruded aluminum bottom rail sections.
- Crucial support on the expanding section side shall be gained through use
of 6” by 16” and by 4” by 12” steel tubing.
- additional proprietary methods and materials
3.4 Roof Construction shall incorporate:
- 1 ½” extruded aluminum hat sections on 24” centers
- Extruded aluminum toprail
- One-piece .032 aluminum skin
Pre-tensioned before application to ensure smoothness
Shall only be riveted around the perimeter of the trailer.
Shall be attached to roofbow by means of industrial adhesive.
Shall prevent loosening and subsequent “canning” (bubbling) due
to contraction and expansion, as will occur if rivets are used to
fasten roof skin to roof bows.
- additional roprietary methods and materials
3.5 Exterior Finish:
- Scepter Series
- Full preparation to consist of all caulking,
trimming, sanding, etching (zinc chromatechemical etching agent) and all necessary steps to
ensure overall aesthetic “as-newquality for functional life of vehicle with proper on-going maintenance.
- All steel attach points will be treated with anit-corrosion agent and isolated
form all aluminum surfaces
- 2 coats primer and 1 coat white Aircraft-Grade Acrylic Polyurethane
DuPont Imron paint
- All bay door systems will be finish in side as described above.
- Body to be undercoated with anti-corrosion agent
3.6 Axles and Suspension
3.6.1 Axle Configuration
- Shall incorporate Watson Chalin TA-250-16 Series Tandem axles
- Configuration (subject to change upon Engineering with Client)
- Shall be provided with Watson Chalin Air Ride System, TA-250-16 with
ABS, and rigid axle configuration
- 16” air bags, capacity of 22,500 lb. per single axle.
3.6.2 Wheels and Tires
- Provide and install eight (8) Alcoa Polished aluminum wheels
- Provide Trailer with eight (8) Bridgestone R-280
3.7 Proprietary Expanding Side Mechanism
3.7.1 Method of Operation
Manual Crank design shall be constructed such that ease of operation allows
one person to fully extend section with one hand; 9 turns, in no more that 20 seconds.
- Proprietary construction shall operate by means of a manual crank, located at
the rear bulkhead of the trailer.
- The crank shall turn a tubular shaft that extends from the rear bulkhead to the
center of the expanding side drive shaft
- 2:1 gear reduction via chain drive fro crank shaft to drive shaft.
- The tube shall be connected to four (4) bearings; with two (2) linear bearings
at each end of the expanding section.
- This connection shall be rack & pinion, to ensure that each end of the
expanding section travels in a parallel fashion;
Expanding section shall remain square upon opening and
- Large, Internal Security hardware, operating on a cam-style lever principle,
shall aid in sealing the Sure Glide section tight to trailer for travel
3.7.2 Expanding Mechanism Floor Description
- Shall be comprised of six (6) folding panels by Plascore.
- Panels shall store folded against the interior wall of the expanding section.
- Each panel will be held in place by a large, tempered knobbed bolt, which
shall thread into a receiver securely fastened into the expanding section wall
Multiple panels (as opposed to one or two heavy, large panels), shall enable the
easy set up and strike of the expanding section floor manually.
3.7.3 Expanding Section Anti-Icing Measures
- Expanding Section roof shall be constructed with 2” slope from trailer outward
- A system of heating strips shall be employed to keep expanding section roof
free of ice and snow when extended.
low-wattage strips shall maintain the roof skin of the expanding
section within a temperature range of 45 to 75 degrees Fahrenheit
(fluctuation due to proximity of any given space on roof to location of
Shall prevent snow/ice accumulation, in conditions ranging from
freezing rain to 6”/hour snowfall.
3.7.4 Expanding Sides
- Trailer System shall include a second side system as defined in Section 3.7.1,
3.7.2 and 3.7.3
Dimensions to be determined targeted as follows
Curbside 46.5’ long x 60” expansion
Streetside 42’ long x 52” expansion
4.0 Undercarriage Storage Bays (Belly Bays)
Shall be integrated into the skirting around the perimeter of the vehicle,
beneath the chassis frame, such that the body is streamlined.
Quantity 5 to 7 Storage Bays shall be provided for each side of vehicle,
dependent upon Client needs in terms of size of each Storage Bay.
- Ground Clearance shall be 12” between Kingpin and Tandem axles
- Ground Clearance shall be 15-18” aft of rear axle
4.1 Special Design Features
- Bay floors shall be of “sweep-out” construction, with no raised edges to
pool water or obstruct loading.
- Bay interior to be obstruction-free with the exception of 1” steel tube
supports, which shall be in line with the exterior dividers between the bay
- To include 3/8” x 4” “Rub Rail” guards that extend ½” laterally beyond the
bay doors for protection in cornering situations.
- To include 3/8” x 3” x 4” Skid Rail for thorough protection in bottom-out situations.
- 10-gauge T-6061 Aluminum
- 2” x 4”aluminum c-channel construction
- Bay interior to be constructed of .090 Aluminum to prevent load shifting,
and enhancing appearance when bay doors are open
- Aluminum structural integrity exceeds demands of Remote Television
- 800 lbs. lighter than similar Storage Bays constructed of Stainless Steel.
- Furgocar 14” integral locking handles operating by a locking cam-style
- Perimeter of each bay door shall seat on 90 degree exterior surface
and trimmed in crushable gasket, rendering the bay waterproof.
- Doors shall be held in the “open” position by means of gas charged
struts; the geometrical positioning of which shall aid in both opening and
- Hinges to be stainless steel, continuous piano hinges.
4.4 Equipment to be permanently stored in Storage Bays shall include:
Isolation Transformers, which shall surrounded by an expanded metal
screen, painted safety yellow.
Custom Designed Aluminum Power Frame, which shall contain all power
entry panels, tap switches, analog meters, and all other elements of
Main Power Control Panel. Rear of frame shall be protected by means of
an expanded metal screen painted safety yellow.
Extreme care in engineering shall be in place to insure a minimal
power system foot print.
5.0 Exterior Doors
- Quantity two (2) 32” wide personnel door
5.1 Personnel Doors, Entrance Stairs Construction shall incorporate:
- 2” x 2” x .125” T-6061 Aluminum Alloy square tubing
- .125 T-6061 Aluminum Alloy skin
- Door frame- Galvaneel Steel
- Reinforcement to prevent bowing shall be gained through use of 5” aluminum
- Shall be supplied with Yale panic-bar exit devices and LCN single-action track
door closers (with no protruding “elbow” extending into operations interior).
- Stainless steel plates shall be mounted beneath (hand wear) exit device and
at bottom of door (kick wear) to guard against wear upon repeated exits.
- Custom manufacture10-gauge aluminum “Grip Strut” safety grating expanded
metal stairs; stairs shall be full width (36”)
- Personnel Stairs shall be height adjustable by means of knurled knob which
shall fix sliding feet. No spring mechanism, which is subject to corrosion,
shall be employed.
- One (1) handrail shall be custom manufactured and provided for each set of
stairs; to be constructed of extruded T-6061 Brushed Aluminum Alloy round
tubing, .125” wall thickness.
- All rails, stairs shall be inter-changeable with respect to mounting tabs utilized
to fasten stairs to Vehicle.
6.0 Exterior Functional
6.1 Leveling System:
- Provide and install Jost Manual leveling jacks
84 sq. in. foot pad
Bubble levels at each corner of vehicle
Two-speed gear mechanism
6.2 Exterior Lighting
6.2.1 Clearance Lighting shall be provided and installed
All clearance lights as required by DOT Regulation shall be supplied
Any required reflective strips shall be supplied
Brake Lights, Tail lights, shall be provided and installed
All tail lights, reverse lights, brake lights shall be recessed
Includes high mounted LED tail lights
All lights to be LED
6.2.2 Exterior Operations Lighting
- Strike Lighting
Provide and install eight (8) HID recessed strike lights
Locate one (1) at rear of trailer,three (3) at street side, four (4) at curbside
Under Expanding Rope Lighting
7.0 Interior Construction: Methods and Materials
Layouts included in this proposal will be designed to the clients required need
Final layout and determination of production area to be designed by Client and us upon
engineering meetings to ensure that Client specifications and particular needs are met
7.1 Interior Frame Construction
- All interior construction shall be fastened to .125” T-6061 Aluminum
Alloy joists and interior members
- Floor to be constructed of 3/4” Lite plywood
- Ceiling to be constructed of 3/8” Lite plywood
- Interior Sidewalls and Bulkheads to be constructed of 1/4” Space Age
Carbon Fiber Polymer and feather plywood
- All freestanding interior walls to be constructed of 3/8” feather grade plywood
7.2 Operations Area Construction
7.2.1 Display Area
- Carpet covered side wall
- 2-Ton carpet
- Chair trim rail
- Sonex grid ceiling
- Endura flooring
7.3 Interior Lighting
- All lighting for operations shall consist of dimmable, recessed, aimable
(Manufactured by WAC, Inc.) lights
Each bank of WAC lights shall be on an individual, dimmable circuit
Lighting shall operate on either DC via provided inverter, or shore AC.
- Fluorescent lighting shall be provided for setup purposes (12v DC), yet shall
be available during operations
7.4 Fit and Finish
- All Custom Manufactured Furnishing to be oak, custom milled,
prepared, and finished
- Floors covering shall be Dura Step .125” rubber panels, pattern and color to
be determined by Client
- All walls shall be supplied with oak chair rail at chair height (29”) with built in
rope deco lighting
- Walls shall be covered with Beulieu Mills “AutoTough” Auto/Marine carpeting
Rubber-backed AutoTough carpet provides R1 increase in wall
AutoTough carpet will not “unravel” in the manner of tightloop carpet
Two Tone Scheme shall incorporate Client-selected colors that shall
be separated top and bottom by light oak chair rail at 29” height
- Ceiling shall be Sonex Pyramid Acoustic Foam
Sonex Tiles shall reside in custom Light Oak Ceiling Grid
- Flooring to be from G&A custom sample list either Endura Type or Carpet Type
- Access floor panels to match to include aluminum extrusion.
8.0 Environmental Control
- Insulation factor on walls of R14 in concert with forced-air Air-Conditioning
system shall provide environmentally secure environment
- Provide and install full thermal insulation on outer walls, floor, doors and ceiling
Insulation to be Blue Dow 2” Owen Corning Polystyrene
Includes continuous vapor seal
PolySeal foam to ensure vapor-tight insular seal
- Insulation factors as follows: R14 walls, R14 ceiling, R14 floors, R9 doors,
and R2 door seals
8.2 Air Conditioning
- Supply and install two (2) three phase operation Marv – Air 5-Ton Wall
mount air conditioning units
- To include Winter Opps system with variable speed motors and
compressor to –10°F.
- To include accumulator system to eliminate high head pressure
- Full H.G.B.P. to 0° cooling
Shall be mounted on front bulkhead of Vehicle
Separate control panels will be located inside the trailer, with both fan
and thermostat operation Visions System.
Ample access for maintenance will be provided by means of side door
panels on the units themselves.
Full digital read diagnostic system thermostat
Refrigerant to be environmentally friendly R-410
- Visions Thermostat System with multiple temp sensor and digital
- Units shall include integral 5,000 Watt heating units
9.0 Electrical System
9.1 Power System
9.1.1 Power Source: Split Environmental & Technical
The Vehicle shall be powered by means of a 200A power source. Shall be
capable of being powered by means of:
- System shall provide two completely separate legs of AC;
Technical shall power all baseband, broadcast, RF equipment,
and specified receptacles
Environmental, which shall power all lighting, air conditioning,
and specified receptacles.
To include one (1) power meter in bay system, analog and digital.
- Two (2) Hevi-Duty SOLA Isolation Transformers shall be provided and integrated
One (1) 10kVA for Technical loads
80A circuit breakers integrated
One (1) 45kVA for Environmental loads
150A circuit breaker integrated
- Each Transformer shall be provided with tap selects
Voltage taps shall step through positions of 190, 200, 210, 220,
240, and 270 Volts.
Voltage tap shall be selectable by means of Kraus & Naimer Tap
Voltage Tap Selects shall provide maximum flexibility for powering Trailer
from most available on-site power sources.
9.1.2 Power Entrance and Monitoring
- Analog meters by Yokogawa shall be provided and installed adjacent to
the input connectors, monitoring:
Analog meters by Yokogawa shall be provided and installed on panel in
vehicle interior, allowing monitoring during operations of:
NOTE: We provide and recommend analog meters, as digital meters
may not function at extreme temperatures
- Supply and install one (1) 50' shore power cables
Entertainment rated 200A 600V
Provide four (4) “pig-tail”s
Supply and install Cam-lok power input connectors and panel, adjacent
to monitoring panel
9.1.3 Transmission and Termination
- All Electrical wiring to utilize THHN insulated stranded copper wire
All Electrical wiring to be numbered ends and length in strict
accordance to “as-built” drawings which shall be provided to the Client
All Electrical wiring shall be dressed in accordance with highest
All wire runs shall be routed through EMT and flexible conduit.
- Provide and install Hubbell wall receptacles in Operations Interior
Receptacles powered by the Technical leg shall be white in color, and
complete with grounding to technical ground system
Receptacles powered by the Environmental leg shall be ivory in color
These outlets shall be located in areas specified by the Client in
Engineering meetings with us such that specific Client needs are met
- Provide and install Hubbell GFI protected weatherproof duplex outlets,
location and number to be determined by the Client.
- Grounding of the technical equipment within the vehicle shall follow standard
9.1.5 Low Voltage System
- A 12V DC system shall be provided and integrated
Power Source for 12v DC shall be two (2) Group 27 deep cycle
batteries to be housed in a vented, anti-corrosive enclosure.
The DC distribution system will be fully fused and will power:
Interior lighting, activated by a mechanical timer located at
personnel door such that interior DC powered devices will not
be unintentionally left running
The strike or set-up lighting system
Lighting in Belly Storage Bays
Audio/Video Bulkhead enclosures
- Provide and integrate Inverter/Charger
81-0153-12 Fleet Power 1500-12MP
Rated 1500W at 120VAC
Shall power all selected interior lighting
1) We will provide and install a 30kVA Martin Diesel Generator
which will include
WIsper Matt Sound Isolation
Critical Muffler Group
Quite pac intergration
72 hr fuel cell at 75 % capacity
2) Provide Intergration of internal Modification for client
Client Specified equipment
3) Provide Interior Modification for client to include
Display Tie Down Systems
Custom Greeting area with workstation
4) We will provide and install display tapping plate system for all fixed displays.
Price & terms : Please enquire using the email form below.
If you cannot find the vessel, crane, rig or equipment that you need,
please send us an email to email@example.com stating your
requirements and we shall find it for you.
We can arrange delivery of equipment and towage of rigs and vessels where needed.
The details mentioned above are believed to be accurate but are not guaranteed.
Search words (for official use only) :
Mobile Marketing Display Trailer for Sale
Mobile Trailer Vehicle for Sale
Dual Expanding Side Mobile Marketing Display Trailer
Trailer Vehicle for Sale